Friday, October 1, 2010

Some Pics

Ayla Faye and her " kitten " Mulberry. He looks absolutely massive doesn't he? If you scroll down to the post I made in June, there's a pic of them on Ayla's Birthday. You can see how much he's grown in a few short months
"Henrietta" our oldest heifer 14 months old. She'll be bred before we move the cows up to the barn in December. She is so tame, she's almost a pain! We adore her.......


"Teeny" just exiting the milk parlor, trying to get past the barn cats that are eagerly awaiting their share. Teeny is a lovely cow, milks like crazy and has a really great attitude. I so hope I get a heifer from her!

"Happy" cow and her daughter "Henrietta". Can you see the resemblance, LOL! They are the calmest, friendliest cows I've ever had! I hope they continue to pass that along to all their future calves.



Finished with milking, Zoie is walking them across the bridge and back to pasture. I hope these times will be remembered as sweetly for Zoie as they are for me. Zoie actually took all these pics, except this last one, while I milked tonight.




8 comments:

  1. I love these pics. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to say who is cuter, the girls or the cows!

    Glad to see you posting again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cows - they are so darn beautiful. That picture with Zoie is just wonderful. It seems to encompass everything special about this lifestyle. Thanks for the pictures. Glad you're back posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of Happy and Henrietta! Those faces convey so much personality. Glad to see you watched "The Cheese Nun" -- what a great documentary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blog. I just discovered it a few days ago and I pretty much have gone back through all of the prior posts.

    I really hope that you update this soon.

    My heart goes out to Ayla Faye.

    I am from Eastport - and was just diagnosed with Type 2. I had Ketoacidosis which led me to EMMC in '08. They started me off on insulin. I have been on two shots of insulin a day since.

    My heart goes out to Ayla and nothing I experience can ever even compare to the compassion one feels for Type 1's.

    Please fill us in on how Ayla is doing - and the Farm.

    Happy Holidays.......Neil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home Remedies : The Best Way To Get Rid Of Many Diseases Without Any Side Effects. These Natural Home Remedies Are Proved By Many Medical Institutes So That These are the best option because they are cheap and no have no side effects like pills or other treatment options.

    ReplyDelete