Friday, April 17, 2009

Ultimate Local Bacon Burger

Tonight we are having burgers. Our beef and bacon, local mushrooms sauteed in a little butter and wine, red onion sliced thinly, and thick slices of cheese melted at the last minute. Unfortunately we are going with hamburger buns from the store but overall a delicious Friday night meal.
Berretta the cow, is absolutely huge. I don't know how she is going to make it to May 14th. I've been worried she's having twins all along. I hope it isn't one really big bull calf. The other cows are all well, we have 1 cow and a fatted calf going to the butchers on Monday. I'm looking for a couple more healthy Jersey bull calves to graft onto my nurse cows.
Today for the first time it is obvious that Half Past is definately bred. She is due August 15th. Maybe she'll go early and have it on Ida's Birthday, or late and have it on mine.
Teeny is well, she has finally given up on grain and realized she is to be a dry cow and stopped waiting at the gate for now.
Iris- our Tamworth sow is due on Tuesday and she will be our last litter for the year I hope she does a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment