Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society



Such a catchy name, I knew I'd love it from the moment I heard of it. Told in a series of letters, writer Juliet finds the subject of her next book, glorious new friends and adventure and love on the Isle of Guernsey, while also capturing the tale of the German occupation during WW2. You know when you read a really good book because the lines between your life and the characters in the story get all blurry and you feel like they are people you know. Friends? Sure, I'm a little crazy, you may even be thinking that possibly I need to get out more, and while that's true, it is still a wonderful page turner. A book I highly recommend. I'm sad to return it to The Lubec Memorial Library.
On Deck:
The Master Butchers Singing Club by Louise Erdrich
With a title like that, how can you go wrong?

2 comments:

  1. Let us know how the Master Butcher Singing Club is! I agree, with a catchy title like that the sky is the limit!
    I am listening to the Maeve Binchy Collection, and am really enjoying it.
    ttfn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll let you know, so far so good!

    ReplyDelete