Thursday, March 26, 2009

Canadian Bacon w/ Carmelized Onion Sandwich

This is just as good for dinner as it is for breakfast. Today I have used my brain way too much for paperwork, and neglected to plan dinner. We still have to corral the calves Brody and Bazil so I can milk Gale and Half Past tommorrow morning. I've enjoyed my mini vacation from milking. I haven't milked for a week since I dried off Teeny. Gale and Half Past have their calves which will drink every bit they produce, if left to their own devices. It's been nice, but we need milk for customers and the house. Cream for our coffee.
Maple, another one of our Tamworth sows, is looking pretty close to farrowing. I heard a nasty rumor that there may be a late season Nor'Easter snow storm next week. Bet we'll have piglets right about that time. Murphy's Law.

Canadian Bacon w/ Carmelized Onion Sandwich

Makes 4 sandwiches

REAL canadian bacon
4 farm eggs, fried in butter or bacon drippings
1 onion sliced, also sauteed in butter or bacon drippings
4 slices cheddar cheese
Dijon mustard
8 hearty slices of homemade or sourdough bread
Greens, whatever you have on hand

Assemble and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment