Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tamworth Piglets

Marigold has had the first litter of the season. Now it really feels like spring with baby animals!
I think these sweet ones are already spoken for.
She had a smaller litter than I would have expected. I think Boris, the boar, may be past his prime.
Four out of the five kids are coming down with colds. Baby Ida May scared us last night with our first experience with croup. I have a sore throat too.
There were cow tracks the whole way down our lane today. This means the 2 bull calves and probably Madeline the heifer went galavanting while I was gone. I'm not too impressed, when the cat is away the mice will play, I guess. With all the snow we've had, the electric fence is in shambles and a joke. Another project for Dante.

No comments:

Post a Comment