Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk

I was sorely tempted at about 5:30a.m. this morning. While packing coolers for market, I casually grabbed a quart of cream, freshly skimmed off the night's milk, when one of my huge jars--- 3 gallons of milk it will hold-- apparently slid off the shelf in the milk fridge and SMASHED on the floor of the creamery. It was like a giant white tsunami of milk. You wouldn't believe the volume of 3 gallons of milk until you see it cascading, effortlessly across your freshly mopped floor. Oh, and under and behind the fridge, it was brutal. I hunted Dante down, he was in the cellar packing sausage and pork whatnots, and let him know I'd be needing some assistance. ( grossly understated )

There was also an assortment of various ghastly shards of glass. We used every towel in the house. It's a real shame to start your day that way, you know? Somehow, we contained the damage, slogged through packing, and then I spent another hour on clean up detail.
Clabbered cottage cheese, and hopefully mozzarella are on the agenda for tommorrow. Along with some blue cheese dressing and spreads, and some more fromage blanc curds w/ garlic and our fresh herbs-marinated in olive oil! Yummy, I should probably just go bed now, but little Ida May, closing in on 10 months old, is on some kind of second wind. I tried laying down with her anyway, last night, and she savagely ripped my hair out. A popular pastime with the 6-12 month olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment