I'm fascinated by Abraham Lincoln. From humble beginnings he was able to go on and achieve so much.Our nation's 16th president, and our 1st republican president. He was born in this one room log cabin,on their 348 acre " Sinking Spring farm" and I discovered they had a family cow and was about to get really excited until I read that tragically his mother Nancy, died after their cow ate poisonous mushrooms and she drank the milk.He was 9 years old and she was only 34. Good grief. I wonder what type of mushroom that was. It doesn't seem very likely that a cow would eat a mushroom unless by mistake or really hungry.
All three of our youngest daughters were born right here on the farm in our log cabin. We do have more than one room however.